Monday, October 5, 2009

Snag #1

Heeeey. Goodfellas of Mabra.

Planning for the unplanned is as important in cycling as it is anywhere else, perhaps moreso. Being so early in the off-season, I find myself unstressed when things don't go my way. I know myself well enough to know that'll change as time creeps by. Yesterday on an absolutely excellent ride out to Purcelville and back, my rear shift cable broke, sending me into the 39x12. So I took the opportunity to do a 45-minute low cadence interval (whether I liked it or not.) No prob. The inconvenient part is that I'm not a mechanic by any means so I had to take it to the shop. So to make matters worse, it looks like the cable head is lost somewhere inside the shifter. Bummer. I'm looking at being 4 days without a bike. Yeah, I have my core and the gym to hit. But I have to change my schedule a bit. Again, not too much of a biggie, just not the plan.

Official week #1 of the off-season went OK. Not great, but OK. Had to cut my intervals short on two days due to time but at least I stuck to plan. I'm loving this core routine and really hope it's going to add to my game. Also trying hard to stick to the diet. That's the toughest part for sure. How can I not eat pasta? I'm a freaking Italian! Might as well tell me I can't breathe air.

Anyway, Numbas presses on.

No comments:

Post a Comment